I was recently asked what stroller is best to push in the snow? All I could think of is a BOB video that shows a mom running thru the snow with her stroller to get milk and eggs. I had to share it with you too! Be sure to click on the picture to see the video. It is pretty funny.
What to look for in a snow baby stroller:
- Fixed Front wheel (wheels will actually work against you if they are in swivel mode
- Large tires-Look for a 10″ or bigger (Remember the larger the wheel size the easier the push
- Tires with grooves much like a mountain bike tire to grasp the surface it is being pushed on.
- Tires you put in air into will get you where you want to go. Plastic tires will pop in extreme cold temperatures.
- Tire rims you want to be covered not a shiny metal as that will rust when used in water or damp conditions for long periods of time.
- It is recommended that you also use a stroller rain cover to keep your baby warm while you are out and about.
The stroller we recommend to take you where you want to go whether it be summer or winter would be the BOB Sport Utility Stroller or BOB SUS. It comes complete with shocks, large air filled tires with grooves to grasp the surface you push it on. It is only a fixed wheel which also makes it perfect for the snow or sand and the wheels are covered to avoid rust.