This picture is more of a “what not to do” Click on picture to see the BOB “I am MOM” video of mom running thru snow.
I was recently asked what stroller is best to push in the snow? All I could think of is a BOB video that shows a mom running thru the snow with her stroller to get milk and eggs. I had to share it with you too! Be sure to click on the picture to see the video. It is pretty funny.
What to look for in a snow baby stroller:
- Fixed Front wheel (wheels will actually work against you if they are in swivel mode
- Large tires-Look for a 10″ or bigger (Remember the larger the wheel size the easier the push
- Tires with grooves much like a mountain bike tire to grasp the surface it is being pushed on.
- Tires you put in air into will get you where you want to go. Plastic tires will pop in extreme cold temperatures.
- Tire rims you want to be covered not a shiny metal as that will rust when used in water or damp conditions for long periods of time.
- It is recommended that you also use a stroller rain cover to keep your baby warm while you are out and about.
The stroller we recommend to take you where you want to go whether it be summer or winter would be the BOB Sport Utility Stroller or BOB SUS. It comes complete with shocks, large air filled tires with grooves to grasp the surface you push it on. It is only a fixed wheel which also makes it perfect for the snow or sand and the wheels are covered to avoid rust.
We recently shipped a new BOB Revolution SE to Kristin over at Life’s Little Mashup. Listen to what she had to say about her new jogger and how much she loves to run behind it (almost as much as her son loves to ride in it). “I could tell from the first moment we headed out with the new stroller that things were going to be different. I can not believe hard I was working before. I’m going to have to find another way to burn off the extra calories I used to push my first stroller. We took our usual route and I could feel the hesitation mounting as we got ready to hit the first uneven part of the sidewalk. It was amazing!! We flew over the bumps without a single problem. (Kaleb didn’t have to hang on for dear life) At that point I was totally hooked. The difference was unbelievable. My run was so relaxing I actually found my mind drifting for a while….
Kaleb says he really likes his new stroller! I used to joke before that running with the stroller was my “make up” run if I missed my run I was supposed to do on my own. Although I love going out with Kaleb, it was sometimes a total hassle to take the stroller out. Now I can really enjoy our runs together! There are so many things I love about my stroller, but a few of my favorites are that the handle bar hits me right at my waist, the handle bar console has cup holders that are so much deeper, the whole inside of the stroller seat is padded and the sun shade is so much bigger! Things have been massively improved for both of us.” For the complete jogging stroller review go here: http://www.lifeslittlemashup.blogspot.com/2012/12/strolling-along.html