Ticket starts selling on 3/1/2014
#TBT or #Throwback mean anything to you? To us at Joggermom, it means the 80′s and we got a righteous 80′s theme medal for you. Take a trip back in time and enjoy The Throwback Virtual Run by Joggermom which is a full marathon (26.2 miles) to be done in 30 days. 20% of the proceeds will be donated to the St Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- 20% of proceeds goes to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Newsletters about popular running topics
- Discounts from Joggermom.com
- Great place to hang out with like minded people
- Real medals (A 2.5 inch medal with an original design)
- Weekly Win It Wednesday to win great prizes available to only those that sign up.
- Join us on Facebook for the most up to date info
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of their founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family’s ability to pay.St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world.
- The daily operating cost for St. Jude is $1.9 million, which is primarily covered by individual contributions.
- St. Jude is where doctors send their toughest cases because St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- A top national referral center for children with tough-to-treat forms of cancer or who have not responded successfully to standard treatments.
- St. Jude is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted solely to children.
- St. Jude has helped increase the survival rates for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) from 4% before opening in 1962 to 94% today.
- St. Jude develops new treatments that reduce side effects while maintaining or improving outcomes, so that survivors of childhood cancer can have the best possible long-term health.
- Because patients with brain tumors improve dramatically through proton therapy, they are building the world’s first proton therapy center dedicated solely to treating children.
- St. Jude researchers and doctors have research and treatment programs for children with pediatric HIV and AIDS, as well as using new drugs and therapies to fight related infections.
- St. Jude was the first institution to develop a cure for sickle cell disease with a bone marrow transplant and has one of the largest pediatric sickle cell disease programs in the country.
- St. Jude was the first pediatric cancer research center in the U.S. with an on-site current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facility, which produces innovative biopharmaceuticals and other products for use in St. Jude-led clinical trials.
How to get started
2. Once the marathon starts, just enter your miles into our web app located on the right hand side of our marathon blog (http://www.joggermommarathon.com).
3. You can use the app to see your miles completed and see how you rank against other runners.
4. Print out your bib hereFacebook page.
5. Once your miles add up to 26.2 miles, we will send you your medal at the address you registered at the web app. If you have changed addresses, just amend your profile on the joggermom app.